Sutton Elementary School was originally known as Washington Elementary School, however it was built to replace the original Washington Elementary that burned down in 1948. The original Washington Elementary had been located on Third Street in downtown Owensboro. The new building, now known as Sutton Elementary, opened in 1951. The school was renamed Sutton Elementary after Margaret Sutton who served as principal and 6th grade teacher until her retirement in 1972.
View All News